[development] Contrib module clean up - Status report

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Thu Oct 26 21:48:39 UTC 2006

Michelle Cox wrote:

> A lot of them need the default download changed. I didn't do that
> because I felt that's something the maintainer should do in case there's
> a reason it's set as it is.

In most cases the reason probably is "maintainer forgot to set it". Feel
free to change it to the latest release, it can easily be changed back.

> Some of the modules haven't been updated since 4.6 or before. If these
> have been abandoned, I suggest putting a note as such in the description.

It is always difficult to guess wether a module is truly abondoned. I
myself have modules that don't yet have a 4.7 release since I don't use
them myself and there aren't enough patches.

But if for example the latest commit is like one year ago on the 4.6
branch and nothing on HEAD since then, it is safe to assume it won't be
updated any time soon and maybe never. Adding a note about this will
save people from wasting their time with it. Feel free to add such
notes, they can also easily be removed. Add something like "this module
hasn't been updated in a long time and the author isn't very responsive.
It is possible the module is abondoned. The management."

Cheers,
	Gerhard