[development] subscribe to a node

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Tue Oct 31 08:49:07 UTC 2006

On Oct 30, 2006, at 9:21 AM, Richard Morse wrote:

>> the likely implementation is add 'subscribe to this node' feature
>> to core. any less implementation (like a contrib module) is not
>> likely to used on drupal.org
>
> FWIW, the module "subscriptions" (with the 's') does something very
> like this.  It allows you to subscribe to a taxonomy term, any
> individual node (with auto-subscribing your to your own nodes), or
> to a particular content type.

we also desperately want this functionality on drupal.org for:

a) subscribing to individual project issues (without having to post
the annoying "subscribing" followups all the time)

b) subscribing to all release nodes from a given project

i'd *really* like to avoid implementing these from scratch in
project_issue.module and project_release.module, respectively.

dries, killes, et al, can we open a discussion about running the
subscriptions.module (or equivalent, if there's a better alternative
in contrib already) on d.o, so i don't have to re-invent the wheel,
just for the sake of being "inside" project*.module?

thanks,
-derek (dww)

p.s. maybe we should move this thread to infrastructure at d.o... ?