[development] subscribe to a node

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Tue Oct 31 14:35:36 UTC 2006

> i'd *really* like to avoid implementing these from scratch in
> project_issue.module and project_release.module, respectively.

well, you wouldn't do it there. you would do it so all node types could
benefit but i get your point.

> dries, killes, et al, can we open a discussion about running the
> subscriptions.module (or equivalent, if there's a better alternative in
> contrib already) on d.o, so i don't have to re-invent the wheel, just
> for the sake of being "inside" project*.module?

that discussion is easy - subscriptions module has some ugly code in it and
  needs significant cleanup. Ideally, the best parts are salvaged and
submitted to core as a patch. i wouldn't run it on groups site, and i'm more
aggressive than d.o. volunteers are encouraged to work up this patch.

-moshe