[development] Data API

Darrel O'Pry dopry at thing.net
Fri Sep 1 16:56:16 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-09-01 at 08:25 -0700, Metzler, David wrote:

> I agree that defining fieldsets, checkboxes, etc. have no place in the
> model portion of mvc.  And having to set up those contructs provide
> extra cruft for programatic manipulation of data. (that's the forms
> dependency part creaping it's head).

(forms aren't creeping this viral dna like array structure is)

 there is nothing saying the same data constructs can't feed a
processing pipeline and rendering pipeline. Each can just ignore what
they don't implement and the processing pipeline can decorate the
construct before it hits the rendering pipeline.... it simplifies our
internal representation.  we already have that with form_builder /
drupal_render as far as I can tell.