[development] Core Mod or Patch For High-Availability Drupal?

Mike Hostetler mike.hostetler+lists at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 17:49:02 UTC 2006

Hi everyone-

I'm currently running 4 Drupal installations on a Linux Cluster.  I've got
MySQL configured in a Master-Master Replication configuration (MySQL 5).
This has worked very well for me.

In the process of administrating my Drupal installations, I've added a few
tweaks here and there to Drupal to help it perform better on this MySQL
Replication Scheme.  These tweaks have involved some drastic changes such as
adding auto_increment fields to both the cache and sessions table.  I've
followed discussions on this list about the reasons for the design of the
cache and sessions table and I'd prefer not to bring that up in this thread.

My question to Drupal Devs is this, should I put my patches together into a
mega-patch for Drupal to run on this configuration and then post about in
the Drupal Handbook, or is there something else I should do?

I'm running all the sites on 4.7.3 (one is on 4.6, and I've had to patch
that like crazy, so I'm not even going to try and submit that patch).

Thanks,

--
Mike Hostetler
mike.hostetler at gmail.com