[development] MySQL Insert on Duplicate Key Update

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 15:45:23 UTC 2006

On 06 Sep 2006, at 22:35, Ken Rickard wrote:
> I assumed so.  In theory, database.pgsql.inc could intepret this
> line, but I also asume that using this syntax isn't a huge
> performance gain.

We stick to ANSI SQL because that is the most portable solution.  It
makes that Drupal works with both MySQL and PostgreSQL without any
hacks.  Hopefully, it also means that, in future, we can support
databases like Oracle with fewer pains.  One day, it might turn out
to be really important, but until then, it's just theory, of
course.  :-)