[development] Changes to capitalization

Arnab Nandi arnab at arnab.org
Wed Sep 13 03:55:49 UTC 2006

page/block/etc titles should ideally be named uniquely, something that
becomes non-obvious when you have Things Named With Mixed Case.
enforcing lowercase is simpler to handle and work with in a framework
than being case agnostic. Also, this is specifically a theming issue
and should be kept out of core. For example, what if my drupal install
implemented all titles using FIR? I would have no use for this
capitalization. Plus, deciding what to capitalize is too much work for
the developer brain.

CSS / PHPTemplate it, that way you actually get more consistency, even.

-Arnab

--
http://www.arnab.org