[development] New Core Theme for 5.0

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Wed Sep 13 16:17:44 UTC 2006

> It is "more bad" or "less good" when the __line length__ is long than when
> the __line length__ is short.  No matter whether on paper or on-screen,
> fully justified text becomes harder for humans to read as the line length
> gets longer.  This is, mostly, to do with the between-word spacing, because
> human beings do not read letters and words individually, they read them in
> varying sized chunks [much research on this topic is available].

I concur with everything inkfree said regarding justification and line
length. To wit you may say "but, morbus, why would you want a fluid
design by default if you agree that long lines are wrong?"

For the exact definition of "fluid" - it is more malleable. I can resize
it to how /I/ feel is the best reading ability for me, my screen, my
font size, my current workspace settings, and resolution. Also, some
pages of Drupal simply look like ass when wrapped - consider the
watchdog log: it was never meant to word-wrap (if it did, we'd never
have limited the initial message display to a certain letter limit).

--
Morbus Iff ( they should rename controlled chaos to morbus droppings )