[development] RSS 2.0 spec

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Thu Sep 14 02:27:39 UTC 2006

Hello,

I exchanged some emails with Alex Shiels who is the lead developer of
the Textpattern project.  I was pointed to the textpattern set of
character mappings for i18n purposes in the pathauto module.  Alex and I
are working out the details to share efforts on using this file.  But
that's not the point of the email, that's just the backstory (though it
is a relatively nice because the translation array - the array in the
textpattern code on line 532 has the comment "// nasty, huh?").

Alex asked me to pass along the below message.

Feel free to contact him directly - he's on the CC of this email.

Regards,
Greg

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: Email enquiry for threshold state
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 11:00:17 +1000

While we're on the topic of sharing effort: I've spoken briefly with
Matt from Wordpress about agreeing on a set of clarifications to the RSS
2.0 spec.  There are some rough notes here:

http://thresholdstate.com/threshold/4166/conventional-rss

Perhaps someone at Drupal would be interested.

Cheers,
Alex.

--
Alex Shiels.