[development] Module upgrades: status

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Thu Sep 14 16:32:05 UTC 2006

On Sep 14, 2006, at 5:21 AM, Dries Buytaert wrote:

> We do want to run a beta on Drupal.org, but not necessarily the  
> first beta.  In other words, we can hold of the Drupal.org upgrade  
> for another month or so.  (We also have a dependency on  
> simplenews.module.)

great. ;)  i just didn't want anyone pissed off at me for holding up  
something important because i was working on something else that i  
thought was more important...  glad this won't be a problem.

> Let's try to get some project module work done at DrupalCon. ;-)

you know it!

On Sep 14, 2006, at 7:51 AM, Dries Buytaert wrote:

> There is now: DRUPAL-5-0. :)

i think larry was talking about such a branch existing on core, so us  
contrib maintainers have a little bit more assurance that the-moving- 
target-known-as-HEAD has settled down enough that it's worth the  
trouble to start porting.  that's definitely part of why i'm not  
touching my modules, yet.  the fact that early adopters *can* branch  
their module for 5.0 is nice, but simply allowing the branch name  
isn't the only issue here.  yes, we're now in a "code freeze", but a  
lot can still happen that might break our contribs... ;)


More information about the development mailing list