[development] code names for core releases?

Trae McCombs traemccombs at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 01:55:50 UTC 2006

Would it help if, someone better qualified than I, discuss the ubuntu+1
concept?

I think (bear withme here, I'm not programmer)

That $ubuntu would be whatever the current version is.

Then ubuntu+1  would refer to whatever is in current development or HEAD.

The only thing you'd use "code names" for is for stable releases.  So in my
thinking, let's say it's 4.7.x  And 4.7 was called "bikeshed"

4.7.1
4.7.2
4.7.3 etc... would all still be refered to as "bikeshed" but just different
point releases within bikeshed.  There would be no need or desire to name
each individual point release.

Ok, I hope I haven't confused anyone as much as I probably already am :)

Trae

--
    Trae McCombs || http://occy.net/
  Founder - Themes.org // Linux.com