[development] Making a whole site location aware - a design question

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Wed Sep 20 17:25:43 UTC 2006

On Aug 17, 2006, at 7:39 PM, drupal at mclewin.com wrote:

> Here's the question: What is an appropriate "well recognized
> location" within Drupal to keep these seven pieces of information?
> (latitide, longitude, search radius (storage in miles), country
> code, province, postal code and city.

CivicSpace developed this location search module and sketched in some
ideas for user location search as well.  If you were interested in
taking over this module and making a full project that would be
appreciated.

http://cvs.drupal.org/viewcvs/drupal/contributions/sandbox/nedjo/
modules/locationsearch/

Hope that helps, I didn't have time to ensure it met your
requirements exactly.

Kieran