[development] Drupal multi-lingual meeting

Mark Fredrickson mark.m.fredrickson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 21 15:51:51 UTC 2006

> 2. when revisions came out in 4.7 I thought - what a perfect mechanism
> for implementing translations - a translation is really just a
> revision in another language (a conceptual idea that's not necessarily
> a good technical idea, but I thought I'd stir the pot).

I too like this idea, but for a different reason. If the i8n solution
was generic enough, I would like to use the 2-revisions-for-one-node
for A/B testing of node content (eg. write the content and/or teasers
of a node in two different ways and see which is more popular based on
some statistic -- most likely page views). This is conceptually very
similar to the 2-languages-for-one-node idea.

Alright, enough thread hijacking for now....

-Mark