[development] hook_update_always

Dave Cohen drupal at dave-cohen.com
Fri Sep 22 15:00:57 UTC 2006

On Friday 22 September 2006 01:45, Moshe Weitzman wrote:
> Dave Cohen wrote:
> > I figured a way.  form_alter hooks are called as usual from update.php.
>
> or add a submit handler to the update form. see #submit in fapi reference.

Moshe, I appreciate the suggestion and agree that using $form['#submit'] would
be a cleaner way to do it.  However it doesn't work.  Because the various
complexities of update.php and the FAPI align in such a way that update.php
does not call drupal_get_form after the form is submitted.  Therefore the
normal form processing does not happen upon submit.

Also, just FYI, $form['#submit'] is not documented in either the fapi or
quickstart guides for 4.7.  (Elements that have a '#submit' attribute are,
but not the '#submit' that applies to form).