[development] 5.0 Core Theme Update

Trae McCombs traemccombs at gmail.com
Sat Sep 23 22:47:28 UTC 2006

Hello everyone,

I personally no longer feel this theme is up to the quality that it should
be to be released as the replacement theme in core.  There are too many tiny
details that add up to "The Great Unpolished" theme.

A few times along the way, the theme was quite close, but needed a bit of
nudging in the right direction.  Now, it has faltered completely and is back
to a sub-par theme.

What needs to happen is... Get either myself, or Steven, or some other
themer from the community to take it the last final steps along the way.
And we live with whatever that person does.  I have the time to dedicate to
it, and can spend 20/30hrs on this next week if someone allows me to do so.

Design by committee won't as the current status of the theme proves, work.

Please, let's get this right.  Drupal deserves the best we can give it.
Trae

Note: This isn't in reply to Morbus... just a general comment on the thread
and the theme.

--
    Trae McCombs || http://occy.net/
  Founder - Themes.org // Linux.com