[development] 5.0 Core Theme Update

Trae McCombs traemccombs at gmail.com
Sun Sep 24 10:12:30 UTC 2006

Farsheed,

You have done GREAT work.  I don't want to take anything away from that.
But you are a programmer implementing other peoples ideas.

I'll be glad to step up and do it, but I won't be submitting my ideas to a
committee for approval.  As I said before, Dries, needs to commission
someone to have the ultimate vision for this theme, and go forth and make it
happen.

I thought what you had before, with the icons and other little touches were
quite nice.  Some times, with a theme, it only takes a 5 percent tweak here
or there to go from great to meh.

I know you've been pulled every which way but loose on this thing, and we,
the community, owe you a great debt of gratitude.  Please don't think that I
don't appreciate what you've done.

I only want what's best for Drupal, and that is a great awesome theme.

If I get the nod from Dries, I'll be happy to crank on this theme to make it
top notch.  Or if Dries wants to go with someone else, that's cool.  Whoever
is going to do it, needs to be picked and then that person needs to be able
to do what he or she feels is best.

Peace love and bananas,
Trae

... now off to run 14 miles... joy.