[development] 5.0 Core Theme Update

Richard Archer drupal.org at juggernaut.com.au
Mon Sep 25 22:49:20 UTC 2006

At 6:34 PM +0200 25/9/06, Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:

>> I think that is okay to not have as a hard requirement. I think a better
>> statement on branding would be "It should look recognizable as Drupal,
>> once deployed on a bunch of new sites, for the sorts of people who
>> notice such things."
>
>Sorry, but I disagree. Branding needs to be more obvious.

I agree. As this is the default theme for new installs, the
DrupalIcon and drupal brand should be very prominent in the
header. The user can then tweak this branding to suit
their requirements.

There could also be a "Powered by Drupal" icon in the footer
which the user may choose to leave alone, even after replacing
the Drupal branding in the header.

 ...R.