[development] 5.0 Core Theme Update

Gary Feldman dpal_gaf_devel at marsdome.com
Tue Sep 26 13:31:41 UTC 2006

Kieran Lal wrote:
> 3) If we do create an initial configuration process then modifying the
> logo should be part of that process.  This is part of a general
> problem of Drupal's administration interface being feature oriented
> (logo is part of the theme features and is therefore in administer >>
> themes >> global settings) instead of situationally aware that
> changing the logo is a common initial task that is part of initial
> site configuration.  Perhaps more situational interfaces could be
> introduced as a goal in the future.
It's a general problem with many feature-oriented interfaces.

Some obvious questions:

Are there other common look-and-feel tasks that occur at this point in
the user's experience?  Any feel as to whether changing the (default)
theme should be done before or after changing the logo?

Are there any other tasks, besides configuring look-and-feel, that
compete for the user's attention immediately after setup and logging in
as administrator?

Gary