[development] The new menu system

Rob Barreca rob at electronicinsight.com
Tue Sep 26 17:15:41 UTC 2006

> About a kazillion years ago I had wondered if we could allow modules to
> build 'custom' menus that were outside of the 'navigation' menu tree.
This is a desired feature IMO as well. Just like we can create our own
blocks on module enable, we should be able to create our custom menus.
As well as defining our own menus, I think we should also be able to
manually specify the parent/child hierarchy and not be forced to use
paths to denote hierarchy (although in most cases it is good practice to
do so, parent parent/child parent/child/grandchild).

What's the URL of your issue that contains that patch? As maybe we
should further discuss this there or in another thread.

Rob Roy Barreca
Founder and COO
Electronic Insight Corporation
http://www.electronicinsight.com