[development] 5.0 Core Theme Update

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 16:47:44 UTC 2006

On 25 Sep 2006, at 01:33, Trae McCombs wrote:
> Just because the Drupal community is a committee, doesn't mean it's
> the best way to design a theme.  I would never dispute that Dries
> has the final say-so.  I hope you aren't suggesting I felt otherwise.

Trae, the way this works is fairly simple: you take the theme and you
try to make it better.  You can do this in parallel with Farsheed's
efforts.  The end result is that we'll have two competing versions of
the theme to choose from, and that we can learn from each other.
With patches, we often do the same.  In other words, go ahead and try
to make improvements.