[development] The new menu system

Syscrusher syscrusher at 4th.com
Wed Sep 27 14:47:55 UTC 2006

On Tuesday 26 September 2006 07:58, Karoly Negyesi wrote:
> At mentioned in the third meeting, Steven pointed out that my system is
> vulnerable to a simple DoS attack so now menu item definitions are limited
> to 6 parts. I can hardly imagine this being a real limitation, I can
> consider raising it to seven but definitely not more. We are shooting at
> what's useable not all possible cases.

I  have a custom module developed for my employer's intranet that has what
I consider to be pretty deep menus. From that perspective, I still agree
with you that 6 is plenty, because even this ugly module of mine only
uses 5 maximum. I can't think what I'd ever do with more than 6.

I'm assuming, though, that your restriction doesn't affect user-defined paths
from path.module, right? On that assumption...

+1

Syscrusher