[development] Drupal 5.0 Theme - v2

Kobus Myburgh ITBJDM at puknet.puk.ac.za
Thu Sep 28 08:10:06 UTC 2006

Hi,

> -derek
>
> [1] http://edwardtufte.com  (no, i don't think his site is The Best
> (tm) possible site, and that's not what i mean by a "tufte-compliant

> theme", though he sure packs a ton of useful info, graphics and links

I am quite (often) against themes that "packs a ton of useful info" as
most of them look reallly, REALLY crowded.

Before SlashDot's redesign, the site was totally UGLY to me (well done
to the designer(s) of the new theme!) as it was just too crowded, in
spite of packing a ton of useful info.

Personally, I think if the blue bar at the top is reduced, and the
fluid width is implemented in Trae's version, then both Trae and
Farsheed are on the right track. Slick is good. Crowded/cramped is not
slick.

Regards,

Kobus