[development] Forms API question: "checkboxes" type and validation thereof

Syscrusher syscrusher at 4th.com
Thu Sep 28 20:53:34 UTC 2006

On Thursday 28 September 2006 16:11, Richard Morse wrote:
> Hi!  In the conversion to 5.0, they're getting rid of hook_settings.
> However, there is no reason that you can't make the conversion in 4.7
> modules.  Just add a MENU_NORMAL_ITEM at the path 'admin/settings/
> yourmodule', and implement your own form handling.

I'm actually already doing this in 4.7 because I have some settings sub-pages
that I *don't* want in the main navigation menu by default. But where is the
right place for me to inject the change to the values? #submit, or #validate,
or somewhere else? #process looked promising, but it's documented as INTERNAL
and I'm loathe to rely on it being a stable API because of that.

> If you want an example of a place I do this, I can send you a module
> I've written that handles this kind of issue off list.

Please do! I would appreciate this.

> (Also, you will want to know about array_filter()).

Lemme guess...I just finished reinventing a wheel. :-) No, I didn't know about
that but will look it up.

Syscrusher