[development] Logo And other component changes in themes [ Was 5.0 theme ]

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Tue Sep 26 19:52:19 UTC 2006

Op dinsdag 26 september 2006 20:29, schreef Trae McCombs:
> The point is that it is difficult to change the default Drupal logo on the
> default theme.  We are not assuming people are computer geniuses here.  The
> people we are worried about, or concerned with, are people who either value
> thier time, or are novices.
>
> Would you be suggesting that this microcontent module gets included in
> core?

no. Its just that i'd like to point out that code for all this is already out
there. It requires you to make all the "stuff" blocks though. Nodes even.
Title/slogan is a node, footer is a node, mission is a node, etceteras. And
they appear as blocks too. if you have the permissions to change anything,
you get a little "edit" link with it.
nearly 40% of the code in that module is to circumvent stuff in core. So I
guess incorporating the *functionality* is not that hard. But that is going
to take ages of talk, I am afraid. Too many people don't like the idea of
their logo being a node, or the mission being a node. And of blocks being
nodes. etc.

Bèr