[development] Question regarding the edit array

Rob Thorne rob at torenware.com
Mon Apr 9 23:48:16 UTC 2007

Richard,

AFAIK, even in Drupal 4.7, what you're proposing would not have worked
correctly.  In 4.7, a new Forms API was introduced, which does pretty
much all the access to $_REQUEST for you in a safer way.

Your best start is to go to api.drupal.org and read the 5.1 specific
page on Forms, including the tutorial on Forms API.  It's more than I
can explain in this post, and the docs are pretty useful.

Cheers,
Rob

Rob Thorne
Torenware Networks