[development] hook overriding

Rob Barreca rob at electronicinsight.com
Wed Apr 11 21:20:38 UTC 2007

> IMHO the development mailing list is the best place to point out these
> issues and elicit interactions from people who aren't routinely going
> through issues all day long, who are not yet aware of that particular
> issue or perhaps of drupal's ability to subscribe to them (I didn't
> know about that for a very long time).
On occasion, it's good to point out to the list that there is a critical
issue that needs some love. Then after the first email, discussion
continues in the issue queue. So /sometimes/ this is appropriate.

You did send an email to the list a week or so ago stating that you
created that same issue in the queue and then got some valid feedback
and reviews. IMO that is enough to get people's attention and a follow
up email to dev isn't necessary to say you've updated that issue.

I'm not trying to be a list ogre, just repeating what I've seen told to
others in your position in the past.

Cheers,

Rob Roy Barreca
Founder and COO