[development] Idea: Site documenter module

Victor Kane victorkane at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 02:12:48 UTC 2007

This is undoubtedly a great idea, and would fit in nicely with what many are
no doubt planning as project wiki/tracking documentation sites that would
not only help analyze an existing site, but also analyze, design, implement
and test a new one.

In this sense, there would need to be a structured relationship between the
architecture, on the one hand, and what you are including as objectives of
the site: how would all of this relate to the prospective users (list users,
user roles, which may or may not coincide with the drupal roles) and the
intricate pathways through the site that would make up the user stories,
partially captured, at a minimum, in a "site-map" of the site. (a tree built
around all the possible menus/menu routes, per drupal role).

If that doesn't sound too confusing (sorry, it's what's in my head a lot
these days) it is meant as a contribution and possible enrichment to what
you are proposing.