[development] Fwd: [drupal:unconed] /modules/taxonomy taxonomy.module

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Tue Apr 17 15:08:24 UTC 2007

On 4/17/07, Karthik <narakasura at gmail.com> wrote:
<lots good stuff>

I agree with Karthik on most of his points.  Every time I see my
username in a commit message it inspires me to write more patches.
Every time it's omitted, it makes me feel a little sad.  I've ranted
on this before so I'll try to be short today ;)

I know that the job of core committers is already hard.  To try to
address that and promote the use of more consistent commit messages I
propose this change to the bluebeach theme:

http://drupal.org/node/98165

The idea is to provide a little line at the bottom of every issue that
contains the template of the commit message.  This will reduce the
time that commiters spend typing up the message and will help promote
the use of the template by contrib maintainers (few of whom are aware
of the standard).

Reviews and criticisms welcome.  And if it does get committed I'd
appreciate getting credit ;)

Regards,
Greg