[development] Sign-up procedure

Lyal Avery lyal.avery at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 19:20:43 UTC 2007

The reason this isn't included in core is that the a lossy model is more
restrictive.  Some sites want to streamline the user registration process so
that there's no email validation (because they don't care if the user is
validated or not).  Others, like yours, want to have a completely regimented
system.  Going with the widest net makes the most sense for being
universally usable.