[development] Sign-up procedure

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Tue Apr 17 19:21:30 UTC 2007

On Apr 17, 2007, at 12:15 PM, Karthik wrote:

> I'm looking for constructive feedback as to why this might be good/bad
> as the default implementation for core.

because it makes it harder for sites that require admin approval
(which all of mine do).  for example, i added some required profile
fields when people request a new account, and i use the additional
info to decide if they should be approved or not.  it's not clear to
me how that would fit in to your proposal.  seems like admin approval
isn't considered at all, but IMHO, this is critical functionality for
Drupal to continue supporting.

so, if you're serious about moving this into core, please post a new
version of your workflow that shows how and where admin approval fits
in.

thanks,
-derek