[development] Request for new module cagetory: Multilingual

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Fri Apr 20 09:57:38 UTC 2007

Dries Buytaert wrote:
> On 20 Apr 2007, at 07:38, deji akala wrote:
>> Drupal's relevance in the education environment is growing. phpEdu's
>> in beta2 and DrupalEd's first distro is out. Would it be possible to
>> have a module category for Education tools?
>
> We have to be careful adding new categories.  When we created the
> categories, we spent a lot of time researching them (i.e. doing card
> sort experiments with real humans/users).  If we add categories at will,
> we risk breaking their intuitiveness.
>
> I'm +1 for a category 'language tools' but I'm not sure we need an
> 'education tools' category.
>
> Maybe you can provide a list of modules that would be in each of these
> proposed categories, and if there would be enough of them (at least 5?),
> we could talk more.

Erm, excuse me if I was a bit rushed, but added the category already
based on previous positive feedback.

   http://drupal.org/project/Modules/category/97

It contains 6 modules already, of which 5 have releases (so these are
showing up the page above by default). These are now:

  - i18n module suite
  - localizer module suite
  - translation template extractor (previously extractor.php)
  - autolocale import
  - xliff tools

Jose and Roberto are in talks to split out some functionality into
standalone modules shared between the i18n and localizer module suites,
so the differentiators will better stand out and collaboration is better
supported. These modules will appear here too.

Gabor