[development] aggregator2 update path complete!

Mohammed Sameer msameer at foolab.org
Sun Apr 29 23:46:24 UTC 2007

[snip]
On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 01:09:16AM +0300, Ashraf Amayreh wrote:
>  IMHO, we should make it compulsive that every module developer post to the
>  mailing list before setting on a new module. This may prevent the
>  catastrophe of so much repeated modules and repeated code.

There's a point I want to say. Writing your own module/code is sometimes a lot easier
than spending your time to understand the current code. I'm not sure what lead to having
all those aggregator modules around. It even becomes worse when you find that most of
them are either unmaintained, not working for you or your setup or not ported to the
latest drupal. Then you end up writing your own.
I had this problem with the stock aggregator module bringing my server to its
knees. No time to push changes to core aggregator. The solution ? I have my own 100th
aggregator module (Yes, I'm serious) and I'm thinking about releasing it since I know I'll
maintain it and keep it up to date.

I guess we need to work on the core one to fix it.

My 0.02 Euros!

--
GPG-Key: 0xA3FD0DF7 - 9F73 032E EAC9 F7AD 951F  280E CB66 8E29 A3FD 0DF7
Debian User and Developer.