[development] channels

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Wed Aug 1 02:48:37 UTC 2007

Hi,

Derek nicely summed up:

Either:

1) #drupal-support should be closed and #drupal repurposed to be the
support room.
2) #drupal should be a level of indirection (as per my original email in
this thread
3) #drupal can remain in whatever weird, intermediary state it's in now.

3) is undesireable.
1) is also undesireable I believe because people will have harder time
finding the dev channel, the theme channel, the whatever. The announcement
should actually encourage them to lurk in #drupal-dev and ask devel
questions there. I always found it baffling that support deals with coding
as well.

This leaves 2)

Unless I get *very* convincing arguments against it, I will act on that.
Given the activity of the room and my time to code just a bot based on bot
module, let's call the day next Monday.

Kind regards,

NK