[development] channels

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Wed Aug 1 04:41:18 UTC 2007

On 7/31/07, Karoly Negyesi <karoly at negyesi.net> wrote:

> 1) #drupal-support should be closed and #drupal repurposed to be the
> support room.
> 2) #drupal should be a level of indirection (as per my original email in
> this thread

Did I miss that email? Can you link to it on the archives?

3) #drupal can remain in whatever weird, intermediary state it's in now.

> 3) is undesireable.

Agreed.

1) is also undesireable I believe because people will have harder time
> finding the dev channel, the theme channel, the whatever. The announcement
> should actually encourage them to lurk in #drupal-dev and ask devel
> questions there. I always found it baffling that support deals with coding
> as well.

How is it harder now to find -theme or -dojo? All it takes is to add it on
d.o
(and g.d.o and whatever) where we list the IRC channels, and that is it.

I think repurposing #drupal is the most obvious solution, and as others
pointed out, look at #ubuntu and #gentoo and #debian ...

This leaves 2)

> Unless I get *very* convincing arguments against it, I will act on that.
> Given the activity of the room and my time to code just a bot based on bot
> module, let's call the day next Monday.

Not sure how this redirection works.
--
2bits.com