[development] Core module maintainers

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 06:56:16 UTC 2007

The MAINTAINER.txt just makes explicit what is already in place
(trust network).  Having two maintainers for one component is
perfectly OK.  If you consider yourself to be a maintainer or co-
maintainer of a particular component, just add yourself to
MAINTAINER.txt and submit a patch.  If that matches my internal trust
model, I'd be happy to commit such patch and to make this more
explicit/official.

And if all (newly added) maintainers could take responsibility and
help fix bugs so we can get Drupal 6 out of the door, that would be
lovely. Three weeks ago you guys were complaining that there were too
many issues marked as RTBC.  Well, now is my time to complain about
the fact that there aren't nearly enough issues marked as RTBC.  I'll
try not to be as vocal about it though. ;)

There are three things we should be doing:

  1. Fixing bugs in D6
  2. Fixing Drupal.org performance
  3. Porting modules to D6

Things we should _consider_ to stop doing:
  1. Adding features to Drupal 5 projects

This might be a little optimistic, but let's aim for a release party
at DrupalCon Barcelona?  With the help of Gabor and Steven, I hope to
roll a first Drupal 6 beta on August 15 (12 days from now).