[development] DrupalCon poor planning around Jewish Holidays two years running

Doug Green douggreen at douggreenconsulting.com
Sat Aug 4 02:54:34 UTC 2007

Not sure where to put this, so hear goes...

I was in Europe the week before DrupalCon last year, but went home
before DrupalCon so I could observe my religions Holiest day of the
year.  This year I decided to make at least a couple days of DrupalCon.
But I'm confounded by the poor planning two years running.  Could the
powers-that-be please schedule my sessions on the first 2 days (Thu or
Fri morning).  And further, could we not schedule DrupalCon during these
Holidays next year?

I'll be observing the Jewish High Holidays in Barcelona this year.  Does
anyone on this list belong to any congregation in Barcelona?  I'm hoping
to go to services on Rosh Hashanah (evening Wed 9/12 and morning Thu
9/13) and Yom Kippur (evening Fri 9/21 and daytime Sat 9/22).    I've
tried to contact the Reform congregation, but have had no success.
Since I suspect most of the Reform Congregation will be in Spanish, I'd
be happy to try any other synagogue.

http://www.kosherdelight.com/SpainSynagoguesBarcelona.htm

* Comunitat Jueva Atid De Catalunya (Reform)
The Jewish Community of Catalunya*
Tel: +34 93 417 37 04
Fax: +34 93 417 37 04
Email: info at atid.es <mailto:info at atid.es> , secretary at atid.es