[development] duplication and input format modules

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Wed Aug 8 10:01:45 UTC 2007

Personally, I don't think duplicated modules are that big of a
problem and it is certainly something we should _not_ punish people
for.  I'm a firm believer of the fact that "deliberate duplication"
is a good.  "Unfortunate duplication", i.e. duplication as the result
of the fact that the author didn't know an almost identical module
already existed, is something we have to reduce though.