[development] duplication and input format modules

catch catch56 at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 8 08:31:10 UTC 2007

Steven Peck <sepeck <at> gmail.com> writes:
  I don't have the time or inclination anymore.
> Something like this is really only solved by a human filter.  Anything
> that involves a static list being checked has consistently failed in
> the past.
>
> -sp
>

> > > About the only real solution is to have several people who are
> > > familiar with the existing modules review the ideas and point to
> > > existing modules.  Of course this would really have to be a group of
> > > people that aren't doing stuff now.  They would have to build the
> > > proceedures and habits into the community to make it really last
> > > beyond this current surge of interest.
> > >
> > > -s

I have a pretty good idea of existing modules as they stand now, not all, but a
fair proportion, and would be interested in helping with this. When I read the
first e-mail in this thread I immediately thought of a "duplicated module hall
of shame" (possibly with a nicer title) wiki in the contributed module status
group or similar, to serve as a reference point for people to avoid yet another
duplicate. I can think of at least 3 candidate sets of module for this already.

catch