[development] FAPI's future

Greg Knaddison - GVS Greg at GrowingVentureSolutions.com
Wed Aug 8 14:24:36 UTC 2007

On 8/8/07, Sean Robertson <seanr at ngpsoftware.com> wrote:
> Yeah, I thought so too.  On the view op, get the name of the form and
> add it to your list in the database so it can be configured, and then on
> the validate op, check it against the flood count or whatever.  The
> latest release of the captcha module does this for choosng which forms
> to put the captchas on.

The current Captcha (5.x-3.0-rc1) [1] and Shortform [2] each attempt
to do this in very interesting ways.  Shortform's form inspector alone
makes me love the module (though it needs a release!).

I say "attempt" because the lack of unique form IDs prevents them from
working reliably.

So, I would like some more unique form IDs, but I know those should be
filed as bugs on the individual projects - not as something against
FormAPI.

Regards,
Greg

[1] http://drupal.org/project/captcha