[development] duplication and input format modules

John Wilkins drupal.user at albin.net
Thu Aug 9 00:35:18 UTC 2007

On Aug 7, 2007, at 4:39 PM, Steven Peck wrote:
> Here's the problem.
>
> We are creating yet another 'voluntary' procedure that new people will
> not know about, old time contributors who aren't paying attention to
> list right now won't know about and I suspect will be abandoned and
> unmaintained like many similar such initiatives in the past.

The reason I created the group is I have an honest interest in
knowing about new modules; I regularly track 5.x releases at http://
drupal.org/taxonomy/term/78/0/feed . And I suspect that there are
many others with the same interest; if we can get several in one
group, we can keep the group active. And I absolutely agree that it's
important to educate existing developers who aren't watching the list
right now.

If there are no objections to the idea, I will be looking for
appropriate docs to update to point at the group, so that it does
become part of the new module process.

As to the "voluntary" aspect of this proposal, I have no authority to
make this mandatory. And I suspect that those that do have that
authority would like to see proof that it is working before making it
mandatory.

> About the only real solution is to have several people who are
> familiar with the existing modules review the ideas and point to
> existing modules.

I agree. We need a group of people with knowledge of existing
modules.  I'm hoping to attract such people to the Contributed Module
Ideas group.

  - John

John Wilkins | Albin.Net | nickname: JohnAlbin