[development] Let's finally document our schema already!

Angela Byron drupal-devel at webchick.net
Thu Aug 9 14:08:40 UTC 2007

On 9-Aug-07, at 9:50 AM, Barry Jaspan wrote:

> Angie,
>
> Glad to see someone else jumping on this idea!  See the issue
> http://drupal.org/node/160599 on this exact topic which I posted three
> weeks ago, and announced here.  Clearly, your posts get more respect
> than mine do. :-) I'll mark my issue as a duplicate.

Ack! :( I'm so sorry. Frando told me there was an issue for this
already, but I searched with both d.o's issue search and google, and
couldn't find it. :( I assumed maybe someone was going to post an
issue and then forgot about it. Looks like my keyword skills could
use some work. :(

>> I've taken this idea a couple steps further (by adding table
>> descriptions as well as field descriptions, and adding in foreign key
>> information), and have started documenting all core schema files
>> here:
>> http://drupal.org/node/164983
>
> Again, see http://drupal.org/node/146939.  Be sure to wrap table names
> in table and field descriptions in curly braces so that schema.module
> can display them as hyperlinks to the table's definition.

That's great! I'll go ahead and represent foreign key info this way
then, and skip all the various complications you outline in the rest
of your post. Thanks so much!

-Angie