[development] FAPI's future

Jeff Eaton jeff at viapositiva.net
Thu Aug 9 22:49:58 UTC 2007

On Aug 9, 2007, at 5:30 PM, Neil Drumm wrote:

> Another possibility is using consistent function names for forms. This
> is how I removed the index of update functions that used to exist in
> update.php, I required the update function names to follow a pattern
> and finding all of them was done easily.

This is probably a tricky one; I tend towards the expressiveness of
lookup tables and arbitrary function names rather than strict naming
conventions, but I realize that I might be in the minority. ;) I
wanted to use <form_id>_builder() or <form_id>_form() as our standard
'constructor' function names, but the use of <form_id>() ultimately
won out a while back.

--Jeff