[development] ASP Integration with Drupal?

Mohammed Sameer msameer at foolab.org
Wed Aug 15 18:48:44 UTC 2007

[snip]
On Wed, Aug 15, 2007 at 02:26:00PM -0500, Ron Dorman wrote:
>> Beyond this, the question is what these ASP (raw ASP, or ASP.NET ?) data
>> are: you might also want to modify the ASP pages so that they export their
>> data to Drupal over SOAP: SOAP integration is integral to both ASP.NET and
>> PHP5.2, and writing a SOAP server in PHP is trivial.
>>

> The current pages are raw ASP. But again, one is the main/home page. If the
> sites is accessed with a sub-folder in the URL (www.example.com/sub1) the
> ASP (index.asp) page reads the backoffice server for a registered associate
> with an ID of the sub-folder name. If it finds such an associate, it
> inserts the associate name into the template for display throughout the
> site and sets a cookie with the associate ID in it. To run Drupal, we need
> index.php to be first in line preempting the index.asp page.
>
> I would have to modify Drupal to get the data from the 3rd party server
> before rendering the initial page.

Maybe you can use hook_init() (http://api.drupal.org/api/function/hook_init/5)
Write a module implementing that hook, query your MSSQL server and set whatever you want
in the $_SESSION array ? then your theme can use it ?

If it's only for displaying, I'd even do it on the theme level ;-)

--
GPG-Key: 0xA3FD0DF7 - 9F73 032E EAC9 F7AD 951F  280E CB66 8E29 A3FD 0DF7
Debian User and Developer.