[development] very short d.o downtime later today or tomorrow

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Wed Aug 15 19:19:42 UTC 2007

Hi folks, sorry for the short notice.  I just realized that some
recent fixes to cvs.module and project* are going to require some
really short d.o downtime when I update the sources.  There are a few
db updates that have to run, and between the time I upgrade the
source and run update.php, all sorts of CVS-account related things
will blow up with SQL errors and the like.

So, my plan is to:

a) disable the CVS repos (no commits or tags allowed).
b) backup the cvs-related DB tables that are effected.
c) take d.o offline with a "upgrading d.o modules, back in 5 minutes"
message.
d) do the upgrade.
e) bring d.o back online.
f) re-enable the CVS repos.

The whole thing should take 10 minutes, with d.o itself down for
maybe 3 or 4.

Any objections?

Thanks,
-Derek (dww)