[development] ASP Integration with Drupal?

Jeff Griffiths anisotropic at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 18:41:55 UTC 2007

On 8/15/07, Ron Dorman <rwd at simplydigtech.net> wrote:

> I am thinking: strip down the current ASP pages to just grab the needed
> data, transparent to the end user, and feed it back into Drupal for use
> and display. I just haven't figured out how to make this happen within
> Drupal.
>
> A sample module will be very much appreciated and hopefully help others
> as well.

I would take a look at modules that use external APIs such as
Flickr[1] for pointers. Essentially wha you're doing is stripping down
the ASP output to a web service ( plain text, xml or even JSON ) and
then implementing a server-side-proxy for that data in Drupal. Make
sure you use curl instead of fopen as it is much faster.

cheers, JeffG

[1] http://drupal.org/project/flickr