[development] ASP Integration with Drupal?

Ron Dorman rwd at simplydigtech.net
Thu Aug 16 04:57:19 UTC 2007

Thank you David.

It appears that you have already accomplished what I need to. At this
point, I am leaning toward your strategy #2.

There is not much data to be passed from the 3rd party MSSQL into
Drupal. However, that few fields of data are critical to the clients
associate program. Once I break away from the 3rd party prescribed and
provided methods, I will loose any and all support of the 3rd party
backoffice software provider. Drupal is too good a solution for the
client needs to let this be a show stopper.

I have not yet received approval from the 3rd party provider for a
direct connect to their db outside of the provided ASP, I am hopeful
that will happen. This is part of why I am leaning toward strategy #2.

I am thinking: strip down the current ASP pages to just grab the needed
data, transparent to the end user, and feed it back into Drupal for use
and display. I just haven't figured out how to make this happen within
Drupal.

A sample module will be very much appreciated and hopefully help others
as well.

Ron D.

--
Ron Dorman