[development] (OT) any work done/planned on Drupal "HIBERNATION" feature

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Aug 22 14:00:50 UTC 2007

Quoting Walt Daniels <wdlists at optonline.net>:

> Yes just admin logon would be nice. I have a site for a conference that is
> finished. I don't want to spend any time maintaining it. The next conference
> is in 2 years and will be run by someone else. Meanwhile the email addresses
> of those who registered will be useful to them so I want the site to remain
> visible to the world. I will apply security updates to it but nothing else.

If you just want to control whether the site data is updated or not
just modify the access to create and edit for authenticated users.  You
probably want to allow the user to update their profile data to keep
email addresses up to date.  There is also the node access module[1]
that allows you to assign accesses to certain nodes based on role that
may give you options.

[1] http://drupal.org/project/nodeaccess

Earnie

P.S. This is a support list question.