[development] Modules that integrate non-GPL PHP apps violate theGPL.

FGM fgm at osinet.fr
Thu Aug 30 09:06:06 UTC 2007

A commonly held view is that this is possible if, and only if,
- they integrate using web services, and not direct invocations: it's
commonly known as the "web services loophole". I don't agree with the
FSF's interpretation that invoking independent PHP scripts
constitutes linking, but that appears to be their stance.
- the GPL is version 2, not 3 (to be clarified for GPL3: there was
discussion about closing that loophole during the GPL3 design)