[development] Modules that integrate non-GPL PHP apps violatethe GPL.

Jeff Eaton jeff at viapositiva.net
Thu Aug 30 18:19:05 UTC 2007

On Aug 30, 2007, at 1:06 PM, FGM wrote:

> So code released under a non-GPL license can be checked into
> Drupal's CVS
> repository, as long as:
> - it is also released under the GPL
> - the other license does not prevent it.

FGM, that's correct. Sorry I was unclear when I said that. :)

The only caveat mentioned by the FSF was that such dual-licensing
would NOT be an acceptable workaround to the 'bridge code' problem.
In other words, "Drupal is GPL, my module is GPL AND LGPL, so the
piece that connects to my module isn't affected by the GPL" is
invalid due to the fact that anything sharing address space with
Drupal (ie, included PHP files) has to be compatible with ITS
license, not just the module's license.

--Jeff