[development] node caching

Steven Jones darthsteven at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 20:22:30 UTC 2007

> Maybe it is just too late in the game now.

Yup.

I don't oft post to this list, I'm little scared that I'm going to
look stupid, but I do read most of the threads.

I think the problems that drupal.org has had recently has pushed the
position of 'performance' patches to the fore. I think it has also
allowed some to go in and be discussed post freeze. I don't know if
this is where this node caching has stemmed from, but it seems to be a
definite API change, post freeze.

Robert says that we can already do this, with some effort. Those
making really huge Drupal sites should really be prepared to put some
effort in. Drupal will rarely fall out of my downloads folder and onto
a production server. Save patches like these for D7 and move on.

What was the compelling reason for this to go in post freeze?

--
Regards
Steven Jones